- Data is encrypted before it leaves our servers with an encryption key that only we have. The data is then encrypted again for its transit over the Internet. Files are then stored, in encrypted form, on multiple servers in high security facilities.
- Each file is encrypted using 256-bit AES encryption technology. 256AES Encrypted data cannot be read without the corresponding keys, so encrypted data cannot be misused, even if it's stolen.
- In addition, our software communicates with the remote servers using SSL (Secure Socket Layers) technology. As a result, the online backup of data is encrypted twice. It is encrypted at all times using the 256-bit AES encryption, and it is encrypted again while it’s being sent over the Internet.
- Your data is never hosted at the remote Data Center. This is done because we do not want anyone to have access to the data, for security purposes.
2. Remote Storage provided at two XO high availability Data Centers in Phoenix and Baltimore.
- Highly redundant storage with backup images stored at the data centers on a SAN at the primary facility, then replicated to the secondary facility.
- Connectivity provided by multiple providers with automatic failover capabilities.
- Facilities provide two fiber optic network drops for our backbone.
- Full physical security at each facility including security cameras, key card and biometric access.
- Network is secured with high-end redundant, automatic failover firewalls.
- Fire suppression and environmental control provided.
- Automatic backup power provided by on-site generators.